Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20 - Feelin' Normal

The last couple of days have been great! I woke up Sunday feeling more "normal" than I have felt since late November. No back aches, stomach aches... The normal feeling has continued. My hope is that I will be in the clear until my next treatment on Friday, January 30th.

I noticed this morning as I was getting ready for the day that today I almost didn't have to shave. This may be a sign that hair growth is slowing. Being able to skip out on shaving would be a small benefit to this whole process. Unfortunately, this might be sign that the hair on top is getting ready to go.

I believe the hair loss is primarily due to one of the main drugs in the chemo treatment - Adriamycin - also known as the "red devil". This drug was literally a very deep red - and there was a lot of it. It came thru two giant syringes - the biggest I had ever seen. Think bigger than a turkey baster you'd find in a kitchen. It looked more like something you'd see in a Bugs Bunny cartoon - at my next treatment I will check to see if there is an "ACME" written on the side of it. On giving it to me the nurse said this one "is the interesting one" which alarmed me a bit initially. Turns out the interesting part was that it turned my pea red for the next couple hours - it was good to be warned about that.

That's all for now, my hope is that life will continue to be normal for the next week and a half.

Peace,
Tom

3 comments:

  1. Tom,

    I am so glad to hear things are going well. I am still praying for you regularly.

    No shaving? I am with you in that it would be a "perk". It sucks having to shave every morning. That's why I like our casual Fridays. I don't shave that day because I feel my "scruff" coordinates with the jeans motiff. Feel free to join me in that.

    I really appreciate you keeping up with this blog because I like being kept up to date on how things are going with you.

    Take care and let me know if there is anything you need.

    In His grip,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom, It is nice to hear that you are feeling normal. My thoughts are with you. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,
    It is great to hear that you are feeling well today. I know it's been awhile since I've seen you and Lynda, but the pray tree is strong and fast with the ex-Lozers. Please know that my thoughts and lots of prayers are with you and the family.

    Thank you for being open enough to share your thoughts and experiences online.

    Peace be with you! Laura Antos

    ReplyDelete