Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 5 - Join me in a new way to fight cancer

My friends and family has been so incredibly supportive of me – truly walking with me on my journey towards beating cancer. I believe I am in the home stretch of the healing process (I have two more chemo treatments scheduled – May 13 and June 3). As I get to the end of this phase of my journey I would like to begin to change from an inward healing focus to more of an outward focus – doing something to help others fight against cancer. One specific area to focus on is pediatric cancer – it truly pains me to think of the many kids who have to go thru this process (and far worse).

To this end, I am partnering with Chris Olson, David Granger, John Ceisel and Tim Hobbs (a couple of the many great friends I have at Accenture) who are willing to shave their heads to raise money. We are working thru St. Baldrick’s – a non-profit organization that raises funds to further research in pediatric cancer. I have done some research into this organization and have found that almost 80% of all funds they raise actually goes to fighting cancer. This is a very favorable percentage when compared to other excellent and well known cancer non-profit groups.

On Thursday, May 14 at 11 AM CST we will be doing the shaving. Our goal is to raise $5,000 for St. Baldrick’s. Additionally, I am partnering with my grandfather to provide a little added incentive to help us reach our goal. Together, my grandfather and I will make a matching donation to the first $2,000 in total pledges made by 11 AM CST on May 14.

If you’d like to make a pledge to support Chris, David, John and Tim please do so by visiting our St. Balderick’s page - http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.php?ParticipantKey=2009-357479.

Thank you for your continued tireless support of me and my family and for considering a pledge to support the fight against pediatric cancer!

Peace,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment