Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3 - Pushin' forward

My gosh - it is hard to believe that a whole month has gone by since my last post. Since then I have gone thru two more chemo treatments. The biggest change in the last month is that I am more tired. Yesterday, I spent a little while in the backyard pulling Dandelions. An hour of that light activity and I was wiped out. It just doesn't take much to tire me out these days - mentally or physically.

I am in the homestretch - only two more to go! From the pictures I posted in my last blog I know there was almost nothing left a month ago. I believe it is now completely gone. I won't get any more objective proof until the end of June when I have my next Petscan.

The love and support I continue to receive is a huge blessing to Lynda and I. There continues to be a steady stream of cards, meals and other support. The steadfast commitment from my network of friends has been heartwarming and uplifting - a huge contributor to my healing process. I have never felt alone throughout this entire process - my friends have been walking beside me every step of the way!

Here is just one example - another joiner to the Bald Melon Club! Pat just joined in the last two weeks (see picture below). Pat and I go back well over 20 years as friends! I think that brings the total number to 12! Twelve men making such a show of support that they have shaved their heads for me! There is a good chance that a few more will be joining soon - as part of a fund raiser for pediatric cancer. We are finalizing the details - hope to be able to talk more about it very soon.

Peace, In Christ,
Tom

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news, Tom! Continued good health!

    John had his 3 month CT scan last week and he'll be seeing his doctor in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the news will be good.

    ReplyDelete